Founded in 1817 by Captain Hugh Munro, he sold it in 1830 to his brother John who hired it in 1850 to Robert Pattison and then in 1869 to John McGilchrist Ross who left it in 1895. In 1898 it was owned by John Munro and Robert Innes, he will become the sole owner in 1904 (he already had parts of Benrinnes, Linkwood and Tamdhu). Sold to DCL in 1993, after Innes’ death, it was closed from 1939 to 1946 for lack of barley. In 1973 some parts were renewed but during the crisis of the 80s it was suspended from 1985 to 1991 and then reopened by UDV (Diageo) Curiosity: in 1887 Alfred Barnad (author of “The Whiskey Distilleries of the United Kingdom”) describes Teaninch as the only one north of Inverness to have electricity and use telephones to connect two sections of the factories

Key element for Jhonnie Walker blends

If you are a company and need invoice or VAT changes please contact us

Showing all 3 results